Thank you for reading my blog! I've started this blog to share my ultimate comfort foods with everyone, or well the foods that I find comfort from! I hope you enjoy, and please leave me feedback on what you think about it!! Or leave me a comment and let me know you're reading :)

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fried Okra

My Mother-in-law called me this afternoon to invite me to dinner at her house... We had fried chicken, potato salad, okra, and chicken gravy... IF that doesn't say comfort food to you, I don't know what would.
  

It all started with the brine of the chicken... You soak the chicken in a solution of water and salt... It's best to let soak overnight, but a couple of hours will do.  Then you make your flour mixture in which you dip both your okra and your chicken. The mixture consists of flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.  If you love okra the way that I do, you want to get a big bag of Okra and defrost it.  You then sprinkle the okra itself with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.  Shake the okra really well and distribute the spices evenly.  Then dip the okra in the flour mixture covering it thoroughly.  Set this to the side, (or cook it now like I would.... and eat it as a snack while you wait for the chicken and potato salad to be done..)


  To cook the okra you want to deep fry it at 400* and cook until golden brown.   
MMMM... Okra... You know you want some.. 

Then, dip the chicken in the flour mixture and fry at 350*...


It's that simple folks... Gotta love me some comfort food.  I may decide to share the best potato salad recipe in the world with you tomorrow if you beg enough... Go ahead, beg...  


1 comment:

  1. Yes please, beg beg beg, potato salad recipe!! :D You are a good cook, just come here now and you can be my personal chef.

    ReplyDelete