Thank you for reading my blog! I've started this blog to share my ultimate comfort foods with everyone, or well the foods that I find comfort from! I hope you enjoy, and please leave me feedback on what you think about it!! Or leave me a comment and let me know you're reading :)

Friday, October 7, 2011

Enchilada Sauce/ Cheese Enchiladas

I suppose that since I shared my chicken tortilla soup recipe, and you really have to add a homemade enchilada sauce to it, I will share my treasured recipe.  Anyone I've cooked my enchiladas for have said that they are the best they've ever had... So I'll let you be the judge of that...

Cheese Enchiladas
 
1 Onion Chopped
4 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Flour
1 Clove Garlic, pressed or minced
 4 tsp Chili powder
28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 pound cheddar cheese, grated
1 package flour tortillas

Brown onion in butter; stir in flour.  Add garlic. Add chili powder. Add tomatoes, salt, Tabasco. Let simmer for 1/2 hour to thicken. Roll enchiladas by taking a tortilla and dipping it in sauce. Place cheese in the middle and roll. Place in a pan. Fill pan and top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour or til cheese melts.

(I never add the remaining sauce on top, but it depends on how much sauce you like. I usually freeze the remaining sauce and use it in chicken tortilla soup :))

I have to add, my family are really picky eaters, so I usually blend the diced tomatoes before adding them to the sauce!! 

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, enchiladas. They sound really good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem, slacker, I need a new recipe for today...

    ReplyDelete