Thank you for reading my blog! I've started this blog to share my ultimate comfort foods with everyone, or well the foods that I find comfort from! I hope you enjoy, and please leave me feedback on what you think about it!! Or leave me a comment and let me know you're reading :)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chocolate, Strawberry, and Banana Trifle

So, lately, I have been craving a Chocolate Trifle that my Mom made when I was younger.  Today, I decided to make it to see if it was as good as I remembered or if it was the fact that my Mom made it that made it so delicious...  Here's what you do...






You take one Angel Food cake and cut it into small bite sized chunks.  Put half of the chunks into a trifle dish.  Then start the pudding, I just use a box of regular instant pudding.  I put the pudding mix, 2 cups of milk, and 1 tsp vanilla into a bowl and whisk away.  When the pudding is done, pour half of the pudding over the angel food cake. 



Then, slice up whichever fruit you want to put in, and put half of it on top of the pudding.  I did a layer of strawberries and a layer of bananas.  Then put the rest of the angel food cake on top, and pour the other half of the pudding over the cake.  Put another layer of fruit down, then top with whipped cream.
 I then put one last layer of fruit on top of the whipped cream and also put some caramelized sliced almonds on top.  Then, with a vegetable peeler I, grated a piece of chocolate on top.   


  Too simple, and oh so delicious.  Let sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the pudding to soak into the angel food cake, then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment